26 April 2014

Working towards a flat tummy

My one and only dream has always been to have a wash board tummy and if there are cheese grater abs thrown into the mix I wouldn't complain. It's only recently that I've been looking into "how to get abs" and I realise I had it all wrong before. I used to think it was just loads of cardio which would enable me to lose body fat and show my abs. However I've come to realise that the saying "abs are made in the kitchen" is actually quite true. Having cut out a large proportion of sugar and heavy carbs I've lost some body fat around my tummy which has allowed my once non-existent abs to poke through. Alongside this I am a massive believer that weight and resistance training makes you lose those extra, stubborn lbs.

When I do an ab workout at the gym I change it every time just so my body doesn't become acclimatised to what I'm training. Please note that my chosen workout has worked for me and might not work for you.

Briefly, my sets are 20 reps each, I do 3 sets of each machine. I use weights / resistance in every exercise I do. The exercises I do:

Cable machine pull downs
Hanging leg raises
Plank and side plank
Bicycles
Floor leg raises
Medicine ball side twists

This is a simplified example of a workout that I have been doing. I do high intensity interval alongside the exercises as well as skipping. I hope this has helped a little bit, or at least given you an insight into my workout. Any questions feel free to go to my ask box which is in the description on the right hand side. Don't forget to follow me on instagram for more updates!


No comments:

Post a Comment