19 May 2014

updates

Firstly, a huge apology for not posting enough recently. A lot has changed since my last post. I've just left my job at Jack Wills and I'm currently in the process of moving from Oxford to London, as well as manically revising for my exam at the start of June. I thought I'd do an update post on what I've been doing, the majority of these photos are from Instagram!

 

So it was my leaving do on Friday. I worked for Jack Wills in Bicester Village, on off, for about 3 years. I've met some of my best friends, and of course my boyfriend, there and it really has been a great start to my working career. I definitely won't miss the rude customers, the feeling you get when you watch someone pull out the bottom hoodie that you've just perfectly board folded or when customers ignore your every effort of a genuine "bespoke" greeting at the door. I will however miss seeing everyone 4 days a week, the stock room shanter and the Pret lunch I bought almost every day I worked there (yes that is a lot of money spent on food). If anyone from JW reads this thank you for the constant support and love you've shown towards me and good luck to everyone, particularly those taking exams!






I came home from my last day at JW, ladened with gifts, cards and flowers, to a home cooked meal by my mother. Spinach gazpacho is now my favourite summer dish. I don't know the recipe but I do know she used over a kilo of spinach for three portions and she chucked some olive oil, garlic and basil to create the following dish. But my god, it was gorgeous, so I thought I'd share it with you.








Having complained HUGELY to my boyfriend about not seeing him for 3 weeks I got a knock on the door one morning. Thinking it was the postman I shoved some clothes on and ran down the stairs, hair wet with no makeup on, only to be surprised to see him standing on the doorstep, arms open wide. We had a lovely afternoon and evening, strolling through Oxford in the sun and relaxing in University Parks watching a game of cricket. We said goodbye the following morning, knowing it's only a couple of weeks until he's done with uni for good, so we can say so long and farewell to the long distance, yay!








Anyway, that's everything in a nutshell. Good luck to anyone sitting exams at the moment, just remember it'll all be over soon! Promise I'll try keep up with the blogging, but if you want to see regular updates don't forget to follow my instagram (shameless plug there).

No comments:

Post a Comment